Monday, June 30, 2014

WHAT'S HAPPENED

When I said "hope to see you around next year" in my last post, I didn't really think it would take me half of the year to show up again. I knew things were winding down here for a little bit though. Douglas left for deployment at the beginning of the year, and it's just been an odd time. It's weird when something you've been dreading for years happens, and it's completely different than you thought it would be. Also, it's kind of relieving. It's better to be getting through something than it is to be sitting around waiting for it.
pic name pic name
It's really just good days and bad days, good weeks and bad weeks. I miss Douglas every day, but some days it hangs over me more than others, and it feels endless. Other days I'm just really proud of him and of us, that we're getting through this. It will be so amazing to be together again. I try to think about that most days.
pic name pic name
I've kept busy, and for the most part, it's been kind of a cool year. I got anykind into three new stores around Virginia. I've done some fun shows so far and have been working on a website to get everything in one place (still working). I've made some new friends and have become closer with some really awesome people here. I took a terrarium class. I went to Amsterdam and Paris with my dad and spent a week at home in Georgia, and it was all amazing. I road tripped back to Norfolk with my best friend and got to have her in Norfolk for a week. I've gotten to know where I live a little bit better. I've had some really good days where nothing really happened. I got a new sewing machine that's really old, but that deserves its own post.
That's what's been going on with me. In the past couple of weeks I've felt the urge to pick up posting again because I miss sharing stuff, and I really miss taking so many photos. I started with a small redesign of some things on the page, and I changed the name to anykind so things are more cohesive with everything else. I haven't changed the web address yet, so Well It's Okay will still be around for a while. If you're still here reading, thanks. See you soon.

12 comments:

  1. Glad to see you post again! I miss reading your blog! I know things must be very hard for you, and as an army wife, I can't imagine. I know one day I'll have to go through it, too, though. It sounds like you've had a good year despite him being gone, and I look forward to reading your blog again! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelsey! Thanks for reading again. I've been reading your blog to catch up. Congratulations on Levi! I was reading old posts, and I really love that red dalmatian sweater :)

      Delete
  2. It's great to see your back in the bloggersphere! Sounds like you've been up to loads of cool stuff -if you fancy sharing pics of it all I'd love to see them. Deployment sounds incredibly tough - do ever get to call/Skype with Douglas? Hope that blogging will help out with the bad days. Good to see your back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that I haven't been reading blogs lately either, so I'm excited to catch up with you. It seems like a lot has happened :) Thanks for saying hey. I'm excited to be posting again. I hear from Douglas a couple times a week mostly by email, sometimes phone. We've Skyped a few times, but they usually don't have access to it.

      Delete
  3. I can't even imagine how difficult this could be. I'm so happy to see that you're doing okay and that you're back here posting! Congratulations on getting Anykind in to 3 shops! It must be super exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! It's been really nice having things to work on while Douglas is gone. I hope you've been doing well!

      Delete
  4. So glad you're back, and very glad that you're finding deployment life not as bad as you'd dreaded (most of the time). I come from a family of Navy men, so I'm familiar with the dread and the drag and the ups and downs. A lot of times it's being thankful for the people are there in the times he's not, rediscovering the things in yourself that you love and watching any movie you want any night of the week. And when those things get old, thinking of the sweet reunion is the best cure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie! All of that is so true! Those things really help. I have definitely taken advantage of the movie watching perk :) I've definitely learned a lot about myself through all of this.

      Delete
  5. i am just catching up and it is so good to see you back. your time these days sounds so productive! welcome back and i'm off to catch up on your latest posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog is really one of my favorites! im so happy youve started again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I'm glad you came back :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...